Supported Learners Programme
Our Supported Learners Programme is for children and young people aged 8+. Delivered in sessions lasting up to 90 minutes for groups and 1 hour for individuals. There is no classroom element to the programme, so it really benefits young people who prefer learning through doing. This programme helps children and young people to understand more about themselves and how to start developing their interpersonal skills and supports and encourages independent learning.
Who is the programme for?
Children and young people aged 8+ who may benefit from extra support due to SEND, those who are Looked After Children, and/or those who may be at risk of exclusion from school or NEET.
The programme aims to:
• Promote independent learning
• Encourage self development
• Build interpersonal skills
• Raise awareness of behaviour and the impact on others
• Develop skills and confidence
• Increase communication skills and engagement.
How it works:
• A ridden programme which consists of weekly modules, running over 6 or 12 weeks.
We recommend a minimum of 12 weeks to gain maximum benefits.
• Maximum of 3 children or young people, aged 8+, per group.
• Sessions last up to 90 minutes for groups and 1 hour for individuals.
• Each week children and young people have the opportunity to ride one of our horses as well
as taking part in various activities around the yard.
• We can offer a longer programme for those who wish to take part in a programme