Visit the Ride High Equestrian Centre for funded outdoor fun this August!
We've lots of fun-filled activities for children and young people:
Enjoy spending time with our horses and ponies, get a glimpse of behind the scenes on a busy yard, learn how to care for these beautiful animals and have a go at grooming. Sessions will also include craft activities, team challenges and lots of fun! Please note, these sessions do not include horse riding.
Who can take part?
Milton Keynes Council has provided the funding for these sessions.
To be eligible to attend children must be:
* aged between 5 and 11
* live and/or attend school in Milton Keynes
How to book
Priority booking opens on Monday 27th June for children from families eligible for benefit related free school meals*. Families will be issued with a priority code by their child's school which they will need to provide when making their booking. If you think you are eligible, and do not have a code, please contact your child's school.
From Monday 11th July booking will open to allow all families to book on to a session.
Eligible children can attend one of the following two-day sessions below (click the links below to take you to the booking forms on eventbrite):
- Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd August 9:00-13:00
- Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd August 13:30-17:30
- Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th August 9:00-13:00
- Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th August 13:30-17:30
- Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th August 9:00-13:00
- Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th August 13:30-17:30
- Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd August 9:00-13:00
- Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd August 13:30-17:30
Once you have successfully registered you will receive all the information you need ahead of the day via an email from eventbrite.
- places are limited and all places must be prebooked.
- If your child is unable to attend please let us know asap so we can release their place for another child.
- Each booking is for two consecutive days - either in the mornings or afternoons.
- Parents must leave children for these activities and will not be able to stay on site.
If you have any questions please email the Ride High Equestrian Centre .
* Only those, whose families are in receipt of the following benefits will be eligible to book during the priority window from Monday 27th June to 10th July inclusive:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).