The team at Ride High have more than a decade’s experience delivering learning and engaging programmes, working with agencies and schools to deliver tailored programmes for children and young people.
Our Sensory programme offers an innovative approach to help children and young people engage with the world around them. Working with the senses can help children and young people multi-task more, make learning more accessible and communication easier. Multi-sensory learning takes into account that different people learn in different ways and it can provide an easier route for some children and young people to connect with what they are learning.
Who is the programme for?
Children and young people aged 4+ who may benefit from extra support due to Autism Spectrum Disorders and/or a range of other developmental challenges.
The programme aims to:
• Build connections with our staff and our horses
• Develop communication skills
• Multitask more easily
• Enjoy learning and interacting with others
• Increase self-esteem and confidence
• Enhance engagement.
How it works:
• This is a non-ridden programme which consists of weekly modules, running over 6 or 12 weeks. We recommend a minimum of 12 weeks to gain maximum benefits.
• The programme runs with a maximum of 4 children or young people and each programme is tailored to meet the needs and ability of each group.
• To prepare children, we send a short video for them to feel familiar with the Equestrian Centre before their first visit.
• Programmes are outcome-driven and we can use a range of methods to evaluate and feedback progress.
• Sessions last 1 hour.
For further information please contact Sam Ball .