Mental Health First Aider Training
Certified Training for the Workplace
In line with the Health & Safety Executive's recent guidance to consider mental health alongside physical health, we offer this two day course to ensure that your business is complying with best practice.
The course is certified by Mental Health First Aid England and the training is delivered by Graeme Green, a highly experienced trainer with more than 25 years' experience.
This course provides delegates with:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- The knowledge and ability to provide guidance to access further support.
What to expect:
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions using a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook, including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate to show that they are a Mental Health First Aider.
Attendees will obtain:
- The confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to sources of further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
This is a two day course based at the Ride High Equestrian Centre, Milton Keynes.
16 & 17 May 2019
17 & 18 October 2019
£300 per person + VAT (including sandwich lunch & refreshments)
Please email email@example.com or call Reception on 01908 666434 to book a place or find out more about this course.