The Ride High Equestrian Centre was set up in 2017 on the site of a previous riding school. It comprises 37 acres of fields, stables, yard buildings and accommodation, based in the heart of Milton Keynes. It is a commercial riding school which exists to support the work of the charity Ride High which transforms the lives of disadvantaged children. The work of the charity can be seen here.
The services the Ride High Equestrian Centre offers are: -
- Riding lessons for children and adults
- Riding and horse care lessons for the charity children
- Liveries (not DIY)
- Sensory programmes for young people with learning difficulties
- Corporate training using horses.
Our ethos is very strong - throughout the organisation we are committed to developing people and we use horses to do this through both ridden and non-ridden programmes and activities. We are committed to our horses and their welfare and we pride ourselves on having a non-cliquey culture. Due to the growth of our young business over the last year, we are looking for several high quality members of staff.
Qualified Instructor / Groom (Full Time)
Ride High Equestrian Centre is looking for a new team member, someone who wants to get involved in all aspects of the business, who is self-motivated and has a passion for the job. You must have a genuine love of teaching, both commercial and for the Ride High Charity, as well high standards in the care of our horses. Ideally you will be:
• Experienced working with horses
• Have a BHS or UKCC Teaching qualification
• Able to carry out all normal yard duties (mucking out, grooming, clipping, pulling manes, lunging etc).
• Confident teaching adults and children from beginners upwards
• Friendly with customers.
• A fluent English speaker and eligible to work in the UK.
Please apply by email to Janeen Shepherd with details regarding your experience.
Advert posted 16/9/21. Applications close: 1 October 2021, 5.00 pm